Anchovy-Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms
Anchovy-Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms are a delicious and easy appetizer, perfect for any occasion. This savory dish combines the salty flavor of anchovies with the pungent flavor of garlic, all stuffed inside a juicy mushroom. The combination of flavors is sure to please any palate. This dish is also incredibly simple to make and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking for a tasty snack, Anchovy-Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms are sure to be a hit.
Ease of Preparation
Anchovy-Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms are a simple dish to make. All you need is a few ingredients and about 30 minutes of your time. The mushrooms can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to stuff and bake them. This dish is also great for entertaining, as it can be served as an appetizer or a side dish.
Anchovy-Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms are a healthy and nutritious dish. Each serving contains approximately:
– Calories: 120
– Protein: 4 g
– Fat: 9 g
– Carbohydrates: 6 g
– Fiber: 2 g
– Sodium: 150 mg
– 12 large mushrooms
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 anchovy fillets, minced
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
– 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, anchovies, butter, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture, making sure to fill them completely.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
– For a more flavorful dish, add a teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme to the stuffing mixture.
– If you prefer a less salty dish, use less anchovies or omit them altogether.
– For a vegetarian version, replace the anchovies with chopped olives.
Anchovy-Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms are savory and full of flavor. The anchovies add a salty, umami flavor, while the garlic and Parmesan cheese give the dish a rich, creamy taste. The breadcrumbs add a crunchy texture, while the parsley adds a bright, fresh flavor.
Best Dishes Paired With
Anchovy-Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms are a great appetizer or side dish. They pair well with roasted chicken, steak, pork chops, or fish. They can also be served with a side of roasted vegetables or a simple salad.
Origin of Dish and History
Anchovy-Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms are believed to have originated in Italy. The combination of anchovies and garlic is a classic Italian flavor combination, and it has been used in many dishes throughout the years. This dish is a modern take on the traditional Italian flavors, and it is sure to be a hit with any crowd.
If you’re looking for a similar dish, try making Anchovy-Garlic Stuffed Tomatoes. This dish is made with the same ingredients, but instead of mushrooms, it uses tomatoes. You can also try making Anchovy-Garlic Stuffed Artichokes. This dish is made with artichoke hearts instead of mushrooms, and it is just as delicious.