Barramundi with Lemon and Dill
Barramundi with Lemon and Capers is a delicious and healthy meal that is easy to prepare and full of flavour. This dish is a great way to enjoy barramundi’s mild and delicate flavour while the lemon and capers give it a zesty and salty kick. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner for the whole family.
Ease of Preparation
Barramundi with Lemon and Capers is a simple dish that can be prepared in just a few minutes. All you need to do is season the fish, heat a pan, and cook everything together. This dish is perfect for busy weeknights when you only have a little time in the kitchen.
Barramundi with Lemon and Capers is a healthy and nutritious meal. Each serving contains approximately 200 calories, 12 grams of fat, and 27 grams of protein. It is also packed with essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, B6, B12, Iron, and Calcium.
– 4 (6-ounce) barramundi fillets
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and drained
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Start by seasoning the barramundi fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the barramundi fillets and cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping once.
- Add the lemon juice and capers to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the parsley over the top.
- Serve the barramundi with lemon wedges, if desired.
– Please make sure to season the barramundi fillets generously with salt and pepper before you cook.
– Please ensure the pan is hot before adding the fish to ensure even cooking.
– Add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the pan if you like a bit of heat.
Barramundi with Lemon and Capers is a light and flavorful dish. The zesty and salty notes of the lemon and capers complement the fish’s mild flavour. The butter and olive oil add richness to the dish, while the parsley hints at freshness.
Best Dishes Paired With
Barramundi with Lemon and Capers pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Try serving it with a light and fresh salad, roasted vegetables, or a simple side of steamed rice.
Origin of Dish and History
Barramundi is a type of fish native to Australia and Southeast Asia. Fish has been a staple in the diets of Indigenous Australians for centuries and is now popular worldwide. The lemon and capers in this dish are a classic combination that adds a bright and salty flavour to the fish.
If you’re looking for a different way to prepare barramundi, add other herbs and spices. For a Mediterranean twist, try adding some oregano, basil, and garlic. For a more Asian-inspired flavour, try adding some ginger and soy sauce.