Barramundi with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Barramundi with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is a delicious, flavorful dish that will please any palate. This recipe is easy to make and requires minimal ingredients, making it an excellent option for a weeknight dinner. The roasted red pepper sauce provides a delicious balance of sweet and savoury, while the barramundi fillets are perfectly cooked. Enjoy this dish with steamed vegetables or a fresh salad for a complete meal.
Ease of Preparation
Barramundi with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is a simple and quick dish to prepare. The barramundi fillets must only be cooked for a few minutes per side, and the roasted red pepper sauce can be made in the same pan. All you need to do is combine the ingredients for the sauce and simmer until thickened. This dish can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
This dish is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats. One serving of Barramundi with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce contains approximately:
– 4 (6-ounce) barramundi fillets
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
– 1/4 cup dry white wine
– 1/4 cup chicken broth
– 1 tablespoon capers
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the barramundi fillets with salt and pepper and place them in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 8 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, heat the red bell pepper over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the wine, chicken broth, capers, butter, parsley, lemon juice, basil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Spoon the sauce over the barramundi fillets and serve.
– If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet, transfer the barramundi to a baking dish before transferring it to the oven.
– Add more red pepper flakes, or use a spicier variety of peppers for a spicier dish.
– Add a splash of white wine vinegar to the sauce for a more intense flavour.
Barramundi with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is a delicious dish bursting with flavour. The barramundi fillets are perfectly cooked and have a mild, flaky texture. The roasted red pepper sauce is sweet and savoury, with a hint of spiciness from the red pepper flakes. The capers, garlic, and herbs add a depth of flavour that complements the fish perfectly.
Best Dishes Paired With
Barramundi with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is best served with steamed vegetables or a fresh salad. This dish also pairs well with roasted potatoes, quinoa, or rice.
Origin of Dish and History
Barramundi is a type of sea bass native to Australia and Southeast Asia. It is a popular fish in these regions and has become increasingly popular in other parts of the world. The roasted red pepper sauce is a classic Italian-style sauce often served with fish and other seafood dishes.
If you don’t have barramundi, you can substitute any other white fish for this recipe. Salmon, cod, halibut, and snapper are all great options. You can also use a different kind of pepper for the sauce, such as poblano or jalapeno.