Hake with Spinach and Feta
Hake with Spinach and Feta is a delicious and nutritious dish that is easy to prepare and full of flavour. This recipe is a great way to get your daily dose of protein, healthy fats, and greens. The combination of hake, spinach, and feta cheese makes for a light and tasty meal that can be enjoyed as a main course or a side dish. The garlic and olive oil add a delicious depth of flavour to the dish, while the feta cheese adds a creamy and salty finish.
Ease of Preparation
Hake with Spinach and Feta is an incredibly easy dish to prepare. You only need to heat the olive oil in a skillet, add the garlic and hake fillets, and cook for about 4 minutes. Then add the spinach, season with salt and pepper, and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Finally, top with the feta cheese and serve with lemon wedges if desired. This dish takes only about 10 minutes to make and is sure to become a family favourite.
Hake with Spinach and Feta is a great source of protein and healthy fats. Each serving provides about 20g of protein and 5g of fat. Spinach provides a good source of vitamins A and C and dietary fibre. Feta cheese adds a creamy and salty finish, with a good source of calcium and other essential minerals.
– 2 Hake fillets
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
– 2 cups fresh spinach
– 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and hake fillets and cook for about 4 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, occasionally stirring until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat and top with the feta cheese.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
– For an extra burst of flavour, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice before serving.
– You can also substitute the hake fillets with any other type of white fish, such as cod, haddock, or tilapia.
– You can use frozen spinach instead if you don’t have fresh spinach. Simply thaw it before adding it to the skillet.
Hake with Spinach and Feta has a light and fresh flavour. The garlic and olive oil gives the dish a delicious depth of flavour, while the feta cheese adds a creamy and salty finish. The spinach adds a nice crunch and is a good source of vitamins and minerals.
Best Dishes Paired With
Hake with Spinach and Feta is a light and flavourful dish that pairs well with various sides. Try serving it with roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a simple salad. You can also serve it with crusty bread or a light pasta dish.
Origin of Dish and History
Hake with Spinach and Feta is believed to have originated in the Mediterranean region. It is a popular dish in many countries, such as Greece, Italy, and Spain. It is a simple yet delicious way to enjoy the fresh flavours of the region.
If you want a lighter option, swap the hake fillets for a white fish such as cod or haddock. You can also try using different types of greens, such as kale or Swiss chard. For a vegetarian version, try replacing the hake with roasted vegetables.