Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is a classic seafood dish that will please even the pickiest eaters. This flavourful and delicious dish is made with fresh halibut fillets, roasted red peppers, garlic, capers, and white wine, all simmered in a rich tomato sauce. The result is a mouthwatering dish that will surely be a hit at any dinner table. With its simple yet flavourful ingredients, Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a variety of seafood.
Ease of Preparation
Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is a relatively simple dish to make. Creating a delicious and flavourful meal requires minimal prep time and effort. The ingredients are easy to find, and the dish can be made in less than 30 minutes. This makes it an ideal meal for busy weeknights or even special occasions.
Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is a nutritious and delicious meal. Each serving contains approximately 474 calories, 25.3 grams of fat, and 42.3 grams of protein. It is also a great source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, iron, and calcium.
– 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup dry white wine
– 1 (14.5-ounce) can of diced tomatoes, drained
– 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
– 2 tablespoons capers
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season halibut fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add halibut fillets to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Remove halibut from the skillet and set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Add white wine, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, capers, and parsley to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add butter to the skillet and stir until melted.
- Place halibut fillets in a baking dish and pour the sauce over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the halibut is cooked through.
– Add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the sauce to make this dish even more flavourful.
– If you don’t have white wine, substitute it with chicken or vegetable broth.
– If you’re looking for a heartier dish, add some cooked pasta to the skillet before baking.
Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is a flavourful and delicious dish. The halibut is cooked to perfection, and the sauce is rich and creamy. The roasted red peppers add a mild sweetness to the dish, while the capers and parsley add a touch of brightness. The white wine adds a subtle flavour to the sauce, making it a truly unique and delicious dish.
Best Dishes Paired With
Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce pairs well with various side dishes. Try serving it with a side of roasted vegetables, a light salad, or a simple side of steamed rice. For a heartier meal, serve it with a side of mashed potatoes or a crusty loaf of bread.
Origin of Dish and History
Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is a classic seafood dish originating in the Mediterranean region. It is a popular dish in many countries, including Italy, Spain, and Greece. The dish is believed to have originated in the early 1800s when the Mediterranean region was a major hub for seafood dishes.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, try Salmon with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. This dish is made with fresh salmon fillets, roasted red peppers, garlic, capers, and white wine; all simmered in a rich tomato sauce. It is a delicious, flavourful dish that will please even the pickiest of eaters.