Perch with Garlic-Basil Sauce
Perch with Garlic-Basil Sauce is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that will surely please. It is a great way to enjoy the fresh flavours of garlic, basil, and white wine in a light and healthy meal. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner and can be ready in 30 minutes. The combination of flavours creates a delicious and savoury sauce that pairs perfectly with the perch fillets. The dish is sure to be a hit with everyone in your family.
Ease of Preparation
Perch with Garlic-Basil Sauce is a simple and quick recipe that can be ready to serve in just 30 minutes. It requires minimal preparation and is easy to follow. You only need to heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the garlic for a few minutes before adding the white wine and chicken broth. Once the sauce has been reduced, add the butter and the herbs and season with salt and pepper. Finally, add the perch fillets to the skillet and cook until they are golden and cooked through.
Perch with Garlic-Basil Sauce is a healthy and nutritious meal that is rich in protein, low in fat, and packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Each serving contains approximately 290 calories, 12g of fat, 25g of protein, and 4g of carbohydrates. It is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D.
– 4 skinless perch fillets
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup white wine
– 1/4 cup chicken broth
– 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
– 2 tablespoons butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the white wine and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
- Add the butter and the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the perch fillets in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the perch with the garlic-basil sauce, and enjoy!
– You can also use other types of fish, such as cod, haddock, or tilapia, in this recipe.
– If you don’t have white wine, you can substitute with dry white vermouth or dry sherry.
– For a richer flavour, you can add a few tablespoons of cream to the sauce.
– You can also add other herbs, such as oregano or thyme, for more flavour.
Perch with Garlic-Basil Sauce is a flavorful and delicious dish that is sure to please. Combining garlic, basil, white wine, and butter creates a rich and savoury sauce that pairs perfectly with the perch. The dish is light and healthy yet full of flavour.
Best Dishes Paired With
Perch with Garlic-Basil Sauce is best served with a side of roasted vegetables or a salad. It also pairs well with mashed potatoes, rice, or quinoa. Add a glass of white wine and crusty bread for a complete meal.
Origin of Dish and History
Perch with Garlic-Basil Sauce is a classic Italian dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. The combination of garlic, basil, and white wine is a classic Italian flavour combination that is sure to please. The dish is believed to have originated in the northern regions of Italy and has since become popular worldwide.
If you are looking for an alternative to Perch with Garlic-Basil Sauce, you can try making Salmon with Garlic-Basil Sauce or Tilapia with Garlic-Basil Sauce. You can also try adding other herbs, such as oregano or thyme, for more flavour. For a vegetarian option, try making Roasted Eggplant with Garlic-Basil Sauce.