Plaice Fillet with Capers and Anchovies
Plaice Fillet with Capers and Anchovies is a delicious and easy-to-prepare dish that will surely please the whole family. This classic dish is made with plaice fillets, capers, anchovies, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley. The combination of flavours creates a unique and flavorful meal that is sure to be a hit. The ingredients are simple, yet the flavours combine to create a complex and delicious dish. This dish is sure to become a favourite in your household.
Ease of Preparation
Plaice Fillet with Capers and Anchovies is a simple and easy-to-prepare dish. All the ingredients can be found in most grocery stores and the preparation time is minimal. To make this dish, season the plaice fillets with salt and pepper, then sauté in olive oil with garlic, capers, and anchovies. Once the fish is cooked through, finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of fresh parsley. This dish can be served as a main course or as a side dish.
Plaice Fillet with Capers and Anchovies is a healthy and nutritious meal. Each serving contains approximately 220 calories, 10 grams of fat, 9 grams of carbohydrates, and 20 grams of protein. This dish is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
– 4 plaice fillets
– 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse and dry plaice fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, capers, and anchovies and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add plaice fillets to the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer plaice fillets to a baking dish. Top with lemon juice and parsley.
- Bake in preheated oven until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve plaice fillets with capers and anchovies.
– To ensure the plaice fillets are cooked through, use a thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
– To add more flavour to the dish, add a tablespoon of butter to the skillet when cooking the plaice fillets.
– To add a bit of crunch to the dish, top the plaice fillets with toasted breadcrumbs.
Plaice Fillet with Capers and Anchovies is a delicious and flavorful dish. The plaice fillets are cooked to perfection, and the combination of capers, anchovies, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley creates a unique and flavorful dish. The subtle saltiness of the capers and anchovies is balanced by the brightness of the lemon juice, while the parsley adds a touch of freshness. This dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Best Dishes Paired With
Plaice Fillet with Capers and Anchovies pairs nicely with a variety of side dishes. This dish can be served with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, steamed rice, or a light salad. This dish is also delicious and served with crusty bread or a light pasta dish.
Origin of Dish and History
Plaice Fillet with Capers and Anchovies is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. This dish is thought to have originated in the Mediterranean region and has been enjoyed by many cultures for centuries. The combination of flavours is classic and timeless and is sure to be a hit in any household.
If you are looking for an alternative to Plaice Fillet with Capers and Anchovies, there are a few options. You can substitute the plaice fillets for any other white fish, such as cod or haddock. You can also substitute the capers and anchovies for other ingredients, such as olives, sun-dried tomatoes, or artichoke hearts. This dish is also delicious when served over pasta or rice.