Cuttlefish in Tomato Sauce
Cuttlefish in Tomato Sauce is a classic Italian dish that is simple to prepare and packed with flavor. The combination of cuttlefish, tomatoes, herbs, and spices creates a rich and flavorful sauce that is sure to please any palate. This dish is a great way to enjoy cuttlefish in a unique and delicious way. The tomato sauce is the perfect complement to the mild, delicate flavor of the cuttlefish. Serve this dish with a side of crusty bread or a salad for a complete meal.
Ease of Preparation
Cuttlefish in Tomato Sauce is a simple dish to prepare. All you need to do is sauté the cuttlefish in olive oil, add the garlic, onion, herbs, and tomatoes, and simmer until the cuttlefish is cooked through. The entire process takes about 30 minutes, making this a great weeknight meal.
Cuttlefish in Tomato Sauce is a nutritious and healthy dish. Cuttlefish is a great source of protein and is low in fat and calories. The tomato sauce is also a good source of vitamins and minerals. One serving of this dish contains about 200 calories, 8 grams of fat, and 25 grams of protein.
-1 pound cuttlefish, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
-1/2 cup olive oil
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 onion, chopped
-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
-1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
-1 bay leaf
-1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
-1/4 cup dry white wine
-Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
-1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cuttlefish and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, onion, oregano, basil, thyme, and bay leaf and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, white wine, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
- Serve over pasta or with crusty bread.
– To make the sauce thicker, add a tablespoon of tomato paste to the sauce and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
– If you like your sauce spicier, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the sauce.
– To make this dish vegetarian, substitute the cuttlefish with mushrooms or eggplant.
Cuttlefish in Tomato Sauce has a rich and flavorful taste. The cuttlefish is tender and the tomato sauce is slightly sweet and acidic. The herbs and spices add a depth of flavor to the dish and the white wine helps to balance the acidity of the tomatoes.
Best Dishes Paired With
Cuttlefish in Tomato Sauce is best served with a side of crusty bread or a salad. The bread is perfect for soaking up the delicious tomato sauce. A light and refreshing salad is also a great accompaniment to the dish.
Origin of Dish and History
Cuttlefish in Tomato Sauce is a classic Italian dish that has been around for centuries. It is believed to have originated in the southern region of Italy and is still popular today. The dish is a great way to enjoy cuttlefish in a unique and delicious way.
If you are looking for a different way to enjoy cuttlefish, try Cuttlefish in White Wine Sauce. This dish is made with cuttlefish, white wine, garlic, and herbs. It is a great way to enjoy the delicate flavor of cuttlefish in a creamy sauce. Another popular option is Cuttlefish with Capers and Olives. This dish is made with cuttlefish, olives, capers, tomatoes, and herbs. It is a delicious and flavorful dish that is sure to please any palate.