Fried Squid with Garlic
Fried Squid with Garlic is a delicious seafood dish that is easy to prepare and full of flavor. This dish is a great way to enjoy squid without having to spend hours in the kitchen. It is a perfect meal for busy weeknights or special occasions. The combination of garlic and squid make this dish both savory and aromatic. Plus, it is packed with essential nutrients and vitamins. It is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
Ease of preparation
Fried Squid with Garlic is a simple dish to prepare. All you need to do is mix the ingredients together, coat the squid in the mixture, and fry it in a pan. The entire process takes less than 30 minutes and requires minimal effort. Once cooked, the squid will be golden brown and crispy on the outside, and soft and succulent on the inside.
Fried Squid with Garlic is a nutritious meal that is low in fat and calories. It is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. One serving contains approximately 140 calories, 11 grams of protein, and 6 grams of fat. It also provides essential vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
– 1 lb. squid, cleaned and cut into rings
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
– Lemon wedges, for garnish
- In a shallow bowl or plate, mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip the squid rings into the flour mixture, coating them evenly.
- Add the squid rings to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip the squid rings and add the minced garlic. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
– Make sure the oil is hot before adding the squid rings to the skillet. This will ensure that they cook evenly and don’t stick to the pan.
– If the squid rings start to stick to the pan, add a little more oil to the skillet.
– Be careful not to overcook the squid. It should be golden brown and cooked through, but still tender.
Fried Squid with Garlic is a savory and flavorful dish. The combination of garlic, paprika, and butter give it a unique and delicious taste. The squid is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The garlic and parsley add a freshness to the dish that makes it irresistible.
Best dishes paired with
Fried Squid with Garlic pairs well with a variety of side dishes. It goes great with a side of steamed vegetables, a light salad, or a simple side of rice. It can also be served as part of a larger seafood meal with other fried dishes such as calamari or shrimp.
Origin of dish and history
Fried Squid with Garlic is a popular dish in many Mediterranean countries. It is believed to have originated in Greece and has been enjoyed for centuries. The dish is also popular in other parts of Europe and the Middle East.
If you don’t want to fry the squid, there are other ways to prepare it. You can bake the squid in the oven, or cook it in a skillet with a little olive oil. You can also add other spices and herbs to the dish to give it an extra kick.