Halibut with Tomato-Basil Relish
Halibut with Tomato-Basil Relish is a simple yet delicious meal that can be prepared in under 30 minutes. This dish is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a special occasion. The combination of halibut and tomato-basil relish is a classic pairing that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. The lemon juice and capers add a bright, acidic flavour to the dish, while the garlic and basil provide an extraordinary depth of flavour. This recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
Ease of preparation
Halibut with Tomato-Basil Relish is a quick and easy meal to prepare. You only need to heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, season the halibut with salt and pepper, and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Once the fish is cooked, please remove it from the pan and set it aside. Add the white wine, basil, tomatoes, capers, garlic, and lemon juice to the same pan. Simmer for a few minutes until the tomatoes are softened and the flavours are blended. Serve the fish with the tomato-basil relish and garnish with fresh parsley.
This dish is an excellent source of lean protein and healthy fats. One serving of Halibut with Tomato-Basil Relish contains approximately 250 calories, 10g of fat, 25g of protein, and 2g of carbohydrates. It is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, potassium, and magnesium.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1/4 cup dry white wine
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
– 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon capers
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
- Add white wine, basil, tomatoes, capers, garlic, and lemon juice to the same pan. Simmer for a few minutes until the tomatoes are softened and the flavours are blended.
- Serve the fish with the tomato-basil relish and garnish with fresh parsley.
– When cooking the halibut, be sure not to overcook it. Halibut should be cooked until it is just opaque in the centre and flakes easily with a fork.
– If you don’t have white wine, substitute it with chicken or vegetable broth.
– Feel free to add more or fewer ingredients to suit your taste.
Halibut with Tomato-Basil Relish is a flavorful and delicious dish. The combination of the halibut, tomato-basil relish, and lemon juice creates a bright and tangy flavour. The capers and garlic add depth of flavour, and the parsley provides a fresh, herbal finish. This dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
Best dishes paired with
Halibut with Tomato-Basil Relish pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Try serving it with roasted vegetables, couscous, or a simple side salad. It also goes well with crusty bread for dipping into the tomato-basil relish.
Origin of dish and history
The origin of this dish is unknown, but it is believed to have originated in the Mediterranean region. This classic combination of halibut and tomato-basil relish has been popular for centuries and is a staple in many households.
If you don’t have halibut on hand, you can substitute it with other types of fish, such as cod, haddock, or tilapia. You can also use shrimp or scallops in place of the fish. The tomato-basil relish can also be used as a grilled chicken or pork topping.