John Dory with Mussels and White Wine Sauce
John Dory with Mussels and White Wine Sauce is a classic seafood dish that is sure to impress. The combination of the delicate John Dory fillets with the sweet, succulent mussels and the rich, creamy white wine sauce is a match made in heaven. This dish is easy to prepare and can be served as a special occasion meal or a delicious weeknight dinner.
Ease of Preparation
John Dory with Mussels and White Wine Sauce is an easy dish to prepare and can be made in under an hour. The John Dory fillets are lightly pan-fried in olive oil and then set aside while the sauce is prepared. The onion, garlic, tomato paste, white wine, chicken stock, cream, and herbs are simmered together until thickened, and then the mussels are added and cooked until they open. The John Dory fillets are then added back to the sauce and cooked until just done.
John Dory with Mussels and White Wine Sauce is a nutritious and satisfying dish. Each serving contains approximately 450 calories, 20g of fat, 20g of carbohydrates, and 40g of protein. It is also a good source of vitamins A, C, and B12, as well as iron and zinc.
– 4 John Dory fillets
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 1/2 cup white wine
– 1/2 cup chicken stock
– 1/4 cup cream
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– 2 dozen mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
– Salt, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the John Dory fillets and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, white wine, chicken stock, cream, thyme, oregano, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the butter and parsley and stir until the butter has melted.
- Add the mussels and cook for 5 minutes or until they have opened.
- Add the John Dory fillets back to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until just heated through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, if necessary.
– For best results, use fresh mussels and make sure to scrub them well before cooking.
– If you don’t have white wine, you can substitute with dry white vermouth or a dry white wine.
– If you’d like a more intense flavour, try adding a few tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, oregano, or thyme.
– If you’d like a thicker sauce, try adding a tablespoon of cornstarch or flour.
John Dory with Mussels and White Wine Sauce is a delicious and flavourful dish. The John Dory fillets are light and flaky, and the mussels are sweet and succulent. The sauce is rich and creamy, and the combination of the white wine and herbs adds a depth of flavour that is sure to please.
Best Dishes Paired With
John Dory with Mussels and White Wine Sauce pairs well with a variety of dishes. Try serving it with a side of steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a salad for a complete meal. It also goes well with crusty bread or rice for a heartier dish.
Origin of Dish and History
John Dory with Mussels and White Wine Sauce is a classic French dish that has been around for centuries. The combination of the John Dory fillets and mussels with the white wine sauce is a classic combination that is sure to please.
If you’re looking for a different take on the classic John Dory with Mussels and White Wine Sauce, try substituting the John Dory with other types of fish, such as cod, haddock, or salmon. You can also try adding other types of seafood, such as clams, shrimp, or scallops. For a vegetarian version, try using mushrooms or other vegetables in place of the fish.