Pomfret Tawa Fry
Pomfret Tawa Fry is an Indian dish made with Pomfret fish cooked in a spicy marinade and fried in oil. This dish is popularly served as a side dish or as a main course. It is easy to make and can be cooked in a few minutes. The marinade is made with a blend of spices and herbs which gives it a unique flavour and aroma. The fish is cooked in oil until it is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The Pomfret Tawa Fry is a delicious and healthy dish that is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Ease of preparation
Pomfret Tawa Fry is an easy dish to prepare. All you need to do is marinate the fish with the spices and herbs and then fry it in oil. The marinade can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. This makes it a great dish to prepare when you are short on time. The cooking time for this dish is minimal and the result is a delicious and flavorful dish that is sure to please.
Pomfret Tawa Fry is a healthy and nutritious dish. It is a good source of protein, vitamins and minerals. 100g of Pomfret Tawa Fry contains approximately:
Vitamin A: 0.6mg
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
– 4-5 Pomfret fish
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
– Salt to taste
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
– 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- In a bowl, mix together the cumin seeds, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and ginger-garlic paste.
- Rub the marinade onto the Pomfret fish and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a tawa or frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the marinated Pomfret fish onto the hot tawa and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with salt and lemon juice and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the Pomfret Tawa Fry with a sprinkle of garam masala powder.
– Make sure the oil is hot before adding the fish to the tawa.
– Be careful not to overcook the fish, as it can become dry and tough.
– If you are using a non-stick tawa, reduce the amount of oil used for frying.
Pomfret Tawa Fry has a unique flavour and aroma. The spices and herbs used for the marinade give the fish a delicious and aromatic flavour. The fish is cooked until it is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The lemon juice and garam masala powder adds a hint of tanginess and spice to the dish.
Best dishes paired with
Pomfret Tawa Fry is best served with steamed rice or roti. It can also be served with a side of salad or dal.
Origin of dish and history
Pomfret Tawa Fry is a popular Indian dish. It is believed to have originated in the coastal regions of India, where Pomfret fish is widely available. The dish has been passed down through generations and is now a popular delicacy in many parts of India.
Pomfret Tawa Fry can also be cooked in the oven. The fish can be marinated and then baked in the oven until cooked through. Another popular alternative is to shallow fry the fish in oil. This method requires less oil and is a healthier alternative to deep frying.