Red Snapper with Lemon-Garlic Butter
Red Snapper with Lemon-Garlic Butter is an easy-to-make yet flavorful dish that is sure to impress. This dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or even a special occasion. The combination of fresh lemon juice, garlic, and butter creates a delicious sauce that pairs perfectly with the red snapper. The dish is also packed with nutrients, making it a healthy and satisfying meal.
Ease of Preparation
Red Snapper with Lemon-Garlic Butter is a simple dish to prepare. All you need to do is season the snapper fillets, melt the butter in a skillet, and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Then, add the lemon juice and parsley and cook everything together for a few minutes. Finally, top the fillets with lemon-garlic butter, and you’re ready to serve.
One serving of Red Snapper with Lemon-Garlic Butter provides approximately:
– Calories: 250
– Total Fat: 11 g
– Saturated Fat: 6 g
– Cholesterol: 65 mg
– Sodium: 150 mg
– Total Carbohydrates: 2 g
– Dietary Fiber: 0 g
– Sugars: 0 g
– Protein: 33 g
– 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
– Lemon wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the snapper fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Spoon the lemon-garlic butter over the snapper fillets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve the snapper with lemon-garlic butter and lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
– For a lighter version of the dish, you can use olive oil instead of butter.
– To make the dish even more flavorful, you can add some freshly chopped herbs such as thyme, oregano, or basil.
– If you don’t have any fresh parsley, you can use dried parsley instead.
– To make it a complete meal, serve the snapper with a side of vegetables or a simple salad.
Red Snapper with Lemon-Garlic Butter is a delicious and flavorful dish. The combination of the butter, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley creates a rich and savoury sauce that complements the delicate flavour of the red snapper. The dish is also light and refreshing, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner.
Best Dishes Paired With
Red Snapper with Lemon-Garlic Butter pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Some great options include roasted or steamed vegetables, quinoa, couscous, or a simple green salad. For a heartier meal, serve the snapper with a side of mashed potatoes or rice.
Origin of Dish and History
Red Snapper with Lemon-Garlic Butter is a classic Mediterranean dish. The combination of butter, garlic, and lemon juice has long been used in Mediterranean cuisine to create flavorful and delicious dishes. The addition of fresh parsley adds a bright and herby flavour that is the perfect complement to the fish.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Red Snapper with Lemon-Garlic Butter, try making the dish with other types of fish, such as cod, halibut, or sea bass. You can also use different herbs such as dill, cilantro, or tarragon instead of parsley. For a lighter version, try using olive oil instead of butter.