Spicy Mackerel Stir Fry
Spicy Mackerel Stir Fry is a delicious, easy-to-make dish that is sure to become a favourite! This flavorful dish is made with mackerel fillets, vegetables, and a variety of spices to create a dish that is both spicy and savoury. This stir fry is perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a special occasion. It is full of flavour, healthy, and can be made in just minutes.
Ease of preparation
Spicy Mackerel Stir Fry is a very simple dish to make. All the ingredients can be prepped ahead of time and then quickly thrown together in a pan. This dish can be made in under 20 minutes, making it an ideal weeknight meal.
Spicy Mackerel Stir Fry is a nutritious dish that is packed with vitamins and minerals. Mackerel is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health. This dish also contains a variety of vegetables, which are full of vitamins, minerals, and fibre.
– 2 mackerel fillets, cut into small cubes
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 2 carrots, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
– Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and bell pepper and cook, occasionally stirring, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mackerel cubes and cook until they are lightly browned about 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and sesame oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and the mackerel is cooked through about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
– For extra flavour, add a pinch of ginger or garlic powder to the dish.
– For a spicier dish, add more red pepper flakes.
– To make the dish healthier, use low-sodium soy sauce and substitute brown sugar for honey.
Spicy Mackerel Stir Fry is a flavorful dish that is sure to please. The mackerel is lightly browned and cooked through while the vegetables retain their crunch. The soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil create a sweet and savoury sauce that is balanced out by the spicy red pepper flakes. The cilantro adds a fresh, herbal flavour to the dish.
Best dishes paired with
Spicy Mackerel Stir Fry is a great dish to serve with steamed white rice or quinoa. It can also be served with roasted vegetables, noodles, or a side salad.
Origin of dish and history
Spicy Mackerel Stir Fry is a popular dish in many Asian countries, especially in Japan. Mackerel is a popular fish in Japanese cuisine, and this dish is a great way to enjoy it. The combination of soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil is a classic flavour combination in Asian cuisine.
If you don’t have mackerel, you can substitute any other type of firm white fish. Salmon, cod, or halibut would all work well in this dish. You can also substitute other vegetables, such as broccoli, mushrooms, or zucchini.