Mussels with White Wine and Garlic
Mussels with White Wine and Garlic is an easy and delicious seafood dish perfect for a weeknight dinner. The combination of white wine, garlic, and butter gives this dish an incredible flavour to please even the pickiest eaters. This dish is also quick and easy to prepare so you can have a delicious dinner on the table in no time.
Ease of Preparation
Making Mussels with White Wine and Garlic is a breeze. All you need to do is heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Next, add the mussels and white wine, and cook until the mussels open, about 5 minutes. Finally, stir in the butter and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
This Mussels with White Wine and Garlic dish provides a healthy and balanced meal. One serving contains approximately 200 calories, 10 grams of fat, 15 grams of protein, and 5 grams of carbohydrates. Additionally, the mussels are a great source of iron, zinc, and vitamin B12.
– 2 pounds mussels
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup white wine
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
– Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the mussels and white wine and cook until the mussels open, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
– Be sure to use a large skillet when cooking the mussels, as they will give off liquid as they cook.
– If the mussels are not opening after 5 minutes of cooking, they may be too old and should be discarded.
– To get the most flavour from the garlic, mince it finely.
This Mussels with White Wine and Garlic dish is bursting with flavour. The white wine and garlic create a savoury, slightly sweet sauce that will please even the pickiest eaters. The butter adds richness and depth of flavour, while the parsley adds a bright, fresh finish.
Best Dishes Paired With
This Mussels with White Wine and Garlic dish pairs well with various side dishes. Try serving it with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a fresh green salad. It also pairs well with crusty bread or a light and fluffy quinoa pilaf.
Origin of Dish and History
The origin of this Mussels with White Wine and Garlic dish is unclear, but it is believed to have originated in the Mediterranean region. It is a popular dish in many parts of Europe and has recently become a favourite in North America.
If you want a different twist on this classic dish, add other ingredients, such as diced tomatoes, fresh herbs, or mushrooms. You can also try substituting white wine for a dry white vermouth or even a dry white sherry.