Pomfret Rava Fry
Pomfret Rava Fry is a delicious and flavorful fish dish that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. This dish is an easy and quick recipe that can be prepared in a matter of minutes. It is a popular dish in the coastal regions of India, especially in the states of Maharashtra and Goa. The dish is made with pomfret, rava/sooji, rice flour, maida/all-purpose flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt, oil, lemon juice, coriander leaves, green chillies. The combination of all these ingredients gives this dish a unique and mouth-watering flavour.
Ease of Preparation
Pomfret Rava Fry is a very easy dish to prepare. All the ingredients can be easily found in any grocery store. The preparation time for this dish is very minimal and can be done in a matter of minutes. The dish is also very versatile and can be served as a main course or as an accompaniment to other dishes.
Pomfret Rava Fry is a nutritious and healthy dish that is packed with essential nutrients and minerals. It is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It also contains healthy fats and carbohydrates. One serving of Pomfret Rava Fry provides approximately 170 calories, 9 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbohydrates, and 8 grams of protein.
– 4-5 pomfrets (cleaned and cut into pieces)
– 1/2 cup rava/sooji
– 2 tablespoons rice flour
– 2 tablespoons maida/all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
– Salt to taste
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
– 2 green chillies (chopped)
- In a bowl, mix together the rava/sooji, rice flour, maida/all-purpose flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and salt.
- Add the pomfret pieces to the bowl and mix until the pieces are well-coated with the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the pomfret pieces to the pan and fry until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves to the pan and mix.
- Add the chopped green chillies and mix.
- Serve the Pomfret Rava Fry hot with steamed rice or roti.
– Make sure to coat the pomfret pieces evenly with the flour mixture before frying.
– Do not overcook the pomfret pieces, as they can become dry and tough.
– Adjust the amount of chilli powder and garam masala powder according to your taste.
Pomfret Rava Fry has a unique and delicious flavour. The combination of the spices and the fried pomfret pieces gives this dish a savoury and spicy flavour. The lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves give the dish a bright and fresh flavour.
Best Dishes Paired With
Pomfret Rava Fry can be served with steamed rice or roti. It can also be served with other dishes such as dal, sambar, or rasam.
Origin of Dish and History
Pomfret Rava Fry is a popular dish in the coastal regions of India, especially in the states of Maharashtra and Goa. The dish is believed to have originated in the state of Goa. It is a popular dish among the locals and is served during special occasions and festivals.
Pomfret Rava Fry can be made with other types of fish, such as mackerel, kingfish, or pomfret. The dish can also be made with other types of flour, such as gram flour or wheat flour. The dish can also be made without the addition of chilli powder or garam masala powder for a milder flavour.