Prawn Baked Rice
Prawn Baked Rice is an easy and delicious one-pan meal that is sure to please the whole family. This dish is packed with flavour from prawns, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper, and Parmesan cheese. It’s quick and simple to prepare, making it a great weeknight meal. The combination of the prawns and the rice makes this dish a nutritious and filling meal.
Ease of Preparation
Prawn Baked Rice is a simple and quick recipe to make. All you need is a few basic ingredients, an ovenproof skillet, and about 30 minutes of cooking time. The preparation is minimal, as all you need to do is chop the onion, mince the garlic, and peel and devein the prawns. Once the ingredients are prepped, the dish comes together quickly.
Prawn Baked Rice is a nutritious meal that is high in protein, low in fat, and packed with vitamins and minerals. One serving of Prawn Baked Rice contains approximately 350 calories, 25g of protein, 10g of fat, and 35g of carbohydrates. It is also a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, and calcium.
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
– 500g of raw prawns, peeled and deveined
– 1 cup of long-grain rice
– 2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
– 1/2 cup of frozen peas
– 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Add the stock and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peas and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
– For a crunchier texture, add a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs to the top of the dish before baking.
– To make the dish spicier, add a pinch of chilli flakes or increase the amount of cayenne pepper.
– For a creamier dish, add a few tablespoons of cream or coconut milk to the rice before baking.
– For a vegetarian version, omit the prawns and add extra vegetables such as mushrooms, peppers, or broccoli.
Prawn Baked Rice is a flavourful and delicious dish. The prawns and the spices give the dish a wonderfully smoky and spicy flavour, while the Parmesan cheese adds a creamy and salty taste. The texture of the dish is creamy and comforting, while the peas add a pleasant crunch.
Best Dishes Paired With
Prawn Baked Rice pairs well with a variety of sides. Roasted vegetables, a simple green salad, or a creamy coleslaw are all great accompaniments to this dish. You can also serve it with crusty bread or a side of steamed rice.
Origin of Dish and History
Prawn Baked Rice is a dish that originated in the Mediterranean. It is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. It is a popular dish in many parts of Europe and is often served as part of a larger meal.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Prawn Baked Rice, you can try making a similar dish with chicken instead of prawns. You can also add different vegetables to the dish, such as mushrooms, peppers, or broccoli. You can also switch up the spices for a different flavour. For example, try adding a teaspoon of cumin or coriander.